Learn how to create an effective relational database design to use in your IT career or even a personal project.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to design a relational database
- Learn what normalisation is, and each of the three normal forms
- Start designing a database from nothing
- Learn how to identify tables, and how to create relationships
- Internet connection
- Ability to download software (or a preferred data modelling tool)
- Windows, Mac or Linux (chosen software works on all three)
- Willingness to learn about designing a quality database, and not just putting data into tables!
Learn how to design a proper relational database with this Free!
This Free will teach you how to create an effective relational database design using proven concepts and industry knowledge.
Effective database designs will help make systems faster, improve data quality, and ensure future changes are easier.
If you want to improve your software development career, get into database admin or database design, or are just curious on this topic, this Free is for you.
You don’t need to know SQL or have any programming experience to be able to take this Relational Database Design Free.
This Free includes:
- Almost three hours of video lessons
- Included PDF files of the database diagrams at keys steps will help you learn all about database design.
- The topics covered include normalisation and the normal forms, identifying tables and columns, primary and foreign keys, and setting up relationships.
The videos include explanations of the key topics in the process, as well as demonstrations on how to set up a database using an Entity Relationship Diagram.
I also show you how to download and install the software that is being used for this.
What topics are covered in this database design Free?
The topics covered are:
- We’ll walk through a sample database
- Reason or why the database is needed
- Some advantages of relational databases
- Identify entities for the tables and attributes
- Create tables and columns
- Reorganise them to make the layout and design more efficient.
If you want to know how to design a database and improve the overall quality of your databases and software, then this is the Free for you.
You’ll learn all you need to be able to design an effective database!
Who this Free is for:
- Software developers or web developers
- Students wishing to know more about database design
- Those looking to get into a database role