Discover intermediate to advanced C++, including C++ 11’s fantastic additions to the C++ standard.
What you’ll learn
- Develop complex C++ applications
- Understand C++ 11
- Be in a position to apply for jobs requiring good C++ knowledge
- You will need a grasp of basic C++, together with a C++ compiler.
This Free will take you from a basic knowledge of C++ to using more advanced features of the language. This Free is for you if you want to deepen your basic knowledge of C++, you want to learn C++ 11 features, or you’ve taken my free beginners’ C++ Free and you’re looking for the next step.
We’ll start with a look at C++ file handling and move through STL, template classes, operator overloading, lambda expressions, move constructors and much more besides.
At the end of the Free I’ll show you how to create a program that generates fractal images, using a a few of the language features we’ve seen in the Free and giving you a great work out with smart pointers and arrays.
I’ll give you exercises throughout the Free, ranging from easy near the start, to quite tricky (but optional!) near the end of the Free.
Who this Free is for:
- This Free is for anyone with a basic knowledge of C++ who wants to increase their knowledege
- Suitable for anyone who knows C++ 98 and wants to learn C++ 11 features